In a vulnerability assessment automated tools will mainly be used and no vulnerabilities will be exploited. The objective is to efficiently locate known vulnerabilities. The vulnerability assessment is only one of the phases in a complete security test.
The vulnerability assessment focuses on width over depth, and is well suited for regular security maintenance. It is also useful as a first step towards increased security in an organization with limited resources.
If you want to simulate a cyber attack and understand the consequences of vulnerabilities being exploited, you should perform a penetration test. Such a test will tell you whether it is possible to break into the company’s network and achieve specific goals.
Industry standards recommend at least quarterly vulnerability assessments, along with scans after substantial changes in firewall configuration, discovery of significant new vulnerabilities, and adding new externally exposed systems.
Guide – Vulnerability Assessment and Security Testing
Encripto has written a guide for network security testing, addressing issues related to recommended testing frequency, scope and methodology.
Why Choose Encripto
- We are passionate about information security, and believe in delivering results.
- We believe in using knowledge and creativity, rather than relying on automated tools.
- In our communication, we emphasize that both management and technical staff understand the message.
- Our security tests include a remediation plan with specific solutions, which allows you to fix the uncovered security issues right away.
- A flat organizational structure allows us to be flexible and accessible to our customers.
Why Others Have Chosen Encripto
Good communication, good references and reasonable price.
Services similar to yours were also supplied by others. We chose you, even if you were more expensive. The reason was professionalism and that we got a good understanding of what the delivery was going be.
Requires little work on our side. Pleasant conversations and a trustworthy partner.
Agile, personal follow-up, easy to get in touch with the right person, great service and rapid delivery.
High level of expertise and good references. Ability and willingness to understand our solution.